Who Is She
Professor of Engineering
Contact information / Private
Contact information / Work
- PhD, Chemical Engineering, Channel System; University of Miami, USA- El-Minia University, 1981.
- MSc, Chemical Engineering, University of Alexandria, 1978.
- B.Sc. Chemical Engineering, University of Alexandria, 1971.
- Solar energy.
- Pollution treatment and control.
- Energy conservation and recovery.
- Wastewater treatment, reuse of solid agricultaral and industrial wastes.
- Professor, Chemical Engineering Dept., Minia University (1992 -Present).
- Dean, Faculty of Engineering, Minia University (2005 -2008).
- Engineer, Moharrem Press, Alexandria, (1972-1978).
Honorary office and memberships:
- Member of a large number of national and international solar energy societies, such as:ISES & American Solar Energy Society (US),
- International Energy Foundation (Tripoli), International Association for Solar Energy Education (Sweden), as well as the Egyptian Engineers Syndicate and the Society of Egyptian Engineers.
Productions and works:
- Production of a Biodegradable Plastic from Agricultural Wastes, Resgistered in Patent No. 13112002, US.
- Has a number of publications to her name, including: Energy: Sources and Conservation. Minia: Minia University Press, 2005;
- “Conditioning of Alum-Based Water Treatment Sludge with Fenton Reagent: Effectiveness and Optimization Study to Improve Dewaterability”, Chemosphere, DOI: 10.1016/J. Chemosphere, 2008.03;
- Participated in several conferences, including: Minia International Conference,Towards a Safe and Clean Enviroment, Minia university, Minia, Egypt, 15-17 April, 2005 Second Egyptian- Syrian Conference on Food and Agriculture, Syria, 25-28 April, 2005
- Recieved recognition for scientific contributions from associations such as: the Egyptian Association for Social & Technological Utilization; the Academy of Scientific Research in Egypt; and the American Biographical Institute
- Has been included in 2010 Edition of Cambridge Who’s Who, and the National Encyclopedia of Outstanding Persons, Vol. 4, Egypt.