<p>Wafaa El Saddik</p>

Wafaa El Saddik 's tags

Wafaa El Saddik

Printer-friendly version

Personal information

Title: 

Former Director General of the Egyptian Museum

Birthyear: 
1950

Contact information (work)

Company name: 
The Egyptian Museum
Address: 
Tahrir Square
Postal code: 
11557
City: 
Cairo
Country: 
Egypt
Phone: 
+2 02 2579 6948
Fax: 
+2 02 2578 2450
Work email address: 
egyptianmusemue@hotmail.com

Education

PhD, Egyptology and Archaeology, University of Vienna, 1983

Post-BA study, Cairo University, 1972- 1974

BA, Egyptology and Archaeology, Cairo University, 1972

Competences

Archeology

Archaeological Excavation

Egyptology

Languages: 

Arabic

English

French

German

Jobs

Work history: 

Director General, Egyptian Museum, Cairo, Formerly. 

Director General, Scientific Office, Supreme Council of Antiquities, 2003-2004

Director General, Exhibitions Abroad Dept., Supreme Council of Antiquities

President, Children's Alliance for Traditions and Social Engagement/ C.A.T.S. International

Honorary office and memberships: 

Member, the Permanent Committee of the Supreme Council of Antiquities, 2004

Member, the Supreme Council of Culture, 2004

Productions and works: 

Die Katze mit der Goldenen Maske: illustrated book for children, (monograph in preparation).

“Heliopolis,” a chapter for a book in preparation to published in French, 2010.

Journey to Immortality. English and Arabic editions, Cairo: SCA 2006.

Twenty-sixth Dynasty Necropolis at Gizeh: An analysis of the Tomb of Thery and its Place in the development of Saite Funerary art and Architecture. Beiträge zur Ägyptologie 5; Veröffentlichungen des Instituts für Afrikanistik und Ägyptologie der Universität Wien 29. Vienna 1984 (an Arabic version, translated by Hassan Naser el- Dian was published in Cairo, 2007).

Awards

Awards: 

The Chinese Dedication Award for Cultural Exchange, 2009

Golden Dove of Peace medal, presented in Cairo by the German ambassador to Egypt, 2007

Medal in recognition of museological achievement, from the Panstwowe Archaeological Museum, Warsaw, 2007