Who Is She
Professor Emeritus of History
Contact information / Private
Contact information / Work
6265 Bunche Hall
- D.Phil., History, Oxford University, 1983.
- Egyptian History.
- Modern Near Eastern History.
- Women's Studies.
- Retired, Currently writing historical novels set in the Middle East.
- Professor Emeritus of History, University of California in Los Angeles.
Productions and works:
- Women and Men in 18th Century Egypt. Austin: University of Texas Press, 1995.
- A Short History of Modern Egypt (Second Edition). New York: Cambridge University Press, 1994.
- Egypt in the Reign of Muhammad Ali. New York: Cambridge University Press, 1983.
Delivered keynote address at Association of Women Researchers in Lebanon conference regarding Arab Women (speech was in Arabic).
- Honorary Doctorate of Humane Letters provided by the American University in Cairo, 2001.
- Mentoring Award, Middle East Studies Association.