Associate professor of Demography
American University in Cairo
Social Research Center
- PhD,Sociology (Demography), University of Michigan, 1997.
- MA, Statistics (Demography), Cairo University, 1985.
- BA, Statistics, Cairo University, 1980.
- Health equity.
- Research Methodology.
- Associate Research Professor, Social Research Center, American University in Cairo, 2004 - present.
- Associate Professor, Faculty of Economics and Political Science, Department of Statistics, Cairo University, 2004 - present.
- Statistical consultant, for the Arab Human Development Report UNDP, 2007 - 2008.
- Member, Population Council Fellowship, 1996-1997.
- Member, Population Studies Center (Andrew Mellon Fellowship), 1992-1993.
- Member, Peace Fellowship (USAID), 1991-1992.
- Human capital and income security: a new methodological approach, Proceedings of the tenth Islamic Countries Conference on Statistical Sciences ICCS-X: Statistics for Development and good governance.
- VOL II: 998-1030, with Sayed, Hussein, Abdalla, Ali, 2011.
- Using GIS in Constructing Area-based Physical Deprivation Index in Cairo Governorate, Egypt, Habitat International, with Nour El Dein, Mohamed and Hamed, Ramadan, 2010.
- Monitoring Socioeconomic Inequity in Maternal Health Indicators in Egypt: 1995 -2005, International Journal for Equity in Health, 2009.